We have an in-depth knowledge of not only the streets of central London, but the buildings in those streets and in some cases, the floors within those buildings.
We will work closely with you to find out exactly what your requirement is. Below are some of the matters we will need to discuss:-
- Location criteria and transport connections.
- Floor size in relation to the number in your team, the need for open plan, hot desking, quiet areas, storage, space planning etc.
- IT and communication needs.
- Measurement of the floor area in accordance with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Code of Measuring Practice is essential.
- Market rent, including the possibility of rent free periods or stepped rents.
- Service charge analysis, insurance and building management.
- Business rates.
- Building surveys.
- Lease terms including alienation, repairing covenants, break options, rent reviews, user clauses, hours of access etc.
- Dilapidation responsibilities (moving out) – an extremely important factor when taking a lease and often overlooked by tenants at their cost.
Dowd & Company will negotiate the very best market terms on your behalf and will then work closely with you and your solicitor throughout the process.